Comment posted March NPD shows big results for PS3 software by taus90.
You know… it’s great that PS3 exclusives are selling like this, but I can’t help but notice PS3 exclusives US sales are lower than 360 exclusives in the first month, and yet the worldwide sales (1st month) are actually pretty close.
It seems that PS3 games sales are more spread out worldwide, and 360 games are more successful in the US but not the rest of the world.
taus90 also commented
- its the temptation which leads a gamer to Wii or a 360, it happens when u have the money u cant wait to buy the console but as we have options we give into temptation and our wants. It did happen with one of my friends who went to buy PS3 but he came back with 360 as there were no PS3 available at that time. I heard him say that both of the system have almost the same games. Now he is kicking himself after watching me playing God of War 3, which is also on top of the list. YAY……..PS3 is the winner.
Recent comments by taus90
- Sony sacrifices lossless audio for PS3 3D Blu-ray playback
THIS ARTICLE IS MISLEADING….the fact is before f/w v3.50 the PS3 didn’t support 3D Blu-ray movie playback at all! What Sony is stating here is that the PS3 will now playback 3D Blu-rays – as well as 2D discs – but when playing back 3D Blu-rays, it’ll be at the expense of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD being converted to (lossy) Dolby Digital and DTS respectively.
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD are lossless compressed audio formats. For 2D Blu-rays, the PS3 decompresses these audio streams (in real-time) and outputs the sound as PCM (also lossless). Obviously at the moment it’s either struggling to do that plus 3D at the same time, or perhaps the developer simply hasn’t worked out how to do it yet. A future firmware update may sort this out, but for a first stab at showing 3D Blu-ray movies, it’s not a bad update.
# When Dolby TrueHD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in Dolby Digital during playback of Blu-ray 3D™ content.
# When DTS-HD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in DTS during playback of Blu-ray 3D™ content.
As there’s no mention & supposing the 3D Blu-ray’s movie audio is encoded as LPCM, then the PS3 should be able to pass that through (as lossless PCM audio) without problem? Perhaps ensuring the PCM option is ticked in the system settings and the Dolby TrueHD / DTS-HD aren’t would force the use of the LPCM audio on a disc (if the disc provides it).
SO THERE IS NO Dolby True HD SUPPORT FOR 3D BLU RAY.. FOR NOW
- Keighley on Infamous 2: Wow, blown away! Feels like Uncharted 2
I m glad they changed the look of cole, I don’t if its me Cole Reminded me a lot of nathan hale from resistance. Nathan Hale but with different clothes
- GT5′s attention to detail is unbelievable
yeah i also want the driving to be near perfect, if not perfect
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep coming in September
Anyone else feel that it’s kinda funny how 2009 and 2010 are the best years for the PSP by far, and it’s only truly picked up around the time it’s successor is due?
- Butler: Next project is Man Furismo Jive
The next project is Gran Turismo 5. Would love to see KB in one of it commercials
powered by SEO Super Comments