Namco has today released details involving Tekken 6′s extensive online multiplayer component. PlayStation 3 owners can look forward to enjoying competitive and cooperative online game modes and leaderboards while also enjoying Tekken’s new personal space in PlayStation Home.
The Tekken Lounge, as it’s being dubbed, will allow PlayStation owners to gain exclusive content for their Home space environment as well as host a variety of match-ups that will be launchable from inside the social networking application.
We’ve included all of the details below.
Ranked Match and Player Match:
-Rank up or work to improve your fighting skills by battling opponents worldwide in online versus mode with voice chat functionality.
Data Upload & Download:
- Create and upload customised ghost characters which accurately replicate your fight style;
- Any player in the world can download your ghost to take on your virtual self in a one-on-one battle even when you’re not online;
- Upload replays of killer matches to share with friends and opponents around the world.
Scenario Online Co-op:
- New feature coming this winter as a free post-launch downloadable update;
- Jump into intense two player online co-op campaigns against AI controlled enemies and experience the dramatic large-scale action with friends around the globe.
- Battle Points: online only, split between World, Asia, America and Europe;
- Rank: overall on and offline ranking, from Beginner to Tekken God;
- Additional rankings include Ranked Match, Scenario Campaign, Time Attack and Survival.
Exclusive PlayStation®Home features include:
Tekken 6 Title Lounge:
- Host Versus and Co-op Sessions: Gather friends and start matches from the Lounge within PlayStation Home; Online Scenario co-op mode coming free this winter;
- Home Rewards: Players have the chance to win exclusive costume pieces and furniture at the Lounge for their personal space.